Skip to main content
TAMK Student's Handbook

Social Counselling for International Students

If you are an international student, International Coordinator for Social Counselling can advise you with many practical issues e.g:

  • residence permit or EU registration
  • housing
  • finding furniture
  • finding used household items, winter clothes, etc.
  • applying for a Personal Identity Code and Home Municipality
  • Finnish Social Security Institution (KELA)
  • finding a doctor or a dentist
  • problems with employers

Feel free to contact:

Mirja Onduso
International Coordinator / Social Counselling for International Students
Tampere University of Applied Sciences (TAMK)
Kuntokatu 3, B1-58
Tel: +358 50 329 5224

Email: socialcounsellor.tamk [at] (socialcounsellor[dot]tamk[at]tuni[dot]fi)


Important links 
Student residence permit: 
Finnish Embassies: 
Registration of a foreigner in the Population Information System: 
Student health care:


Published: 5.2.2019
Updated: 11.11.2021