We welcome you to the Tampere university community with this video! On these pages we have compiled information that you will need to make your journey to Tampere and the start of your Bachelor’s or Master’s studies at Tampere University a success. Please read the information carefully and follow each step. We look forward to having you here soon!
Remember to take care of these to prepare for arrival in Tampere:
- Accept your study place by the given deadline
- Read through information on fees and scholarships if applicable
- Apply for residence permit if necessary
- Arrange health insurance and travel insurance
- Reserve accommodation
- Familiarise yourself with the Welcome Week programme and your programme curriculum
- Read on studying at Tampere University and the study guidance available to help you start your studies
- Plan your arrival in Tampere
Starting your studies
Once you arrive in Tampere, it is time to officially register as a student at Tampere University and prepare to start your studies. We have listed here the main things about how to get started successfully. Remember that your student tutors will be happy to help with everything even before you get here.
- Pay the Student Union membership fee
- Register as present or absent (first year students may register absent only on statutory grounds)
- Learn about our IT services and get your TUNI user account from the IT Helpdesk
- Apply for a student card
- Take part in the Welcome Week
- Complete your registration with the local authority, Local Register Office
- Familiarise yourself with the programme curriculum and teaching timetables for autumn 2019 and sign up for first period courses
- Get to know what its like to be a student at Tampere Universities
Studying and living in Tampere and Finland
The University offers a variety of services to make your everyday life and studies in Tampere a success. In the city of Tampere, every fifth resident is a student, which contributes to the relaxed and vibrant atmosphere of the city and is visible in a plethora of student services and events. Below, you will find links to information which will help you plan your everyday life here.