Remember to take care of these to prepare for arrival in Tampere:
- Accept your study place by the given deadline
- Read through information on fees and scholarships if applicable
- Apply for residence permit if necessary
- Arrange health insurance and travel insurance
- Reserve accommodation
- Download the Tampere University degree students' Guidebook app. In the app, you can get to know your new fellow students, ask questions, and read about student life in Tampere. You have received an invitation to the app by email.
- Familiarise yourself with the Welcome Week programme and your programme curriculum
- Read on studying at Tampere University and the study guidance available to help you start your studies
- Plan your arrival in Tampere
Tampere University is actively monitoring the coronavirus situation and will provide updates on a regular basis. In all our communications, we will adhere to the instructions provided by the public authorities and respect the privacy of individuals.
NB! Tampere University is doing its best to ensure that all selected students are able to start their studies in autumn 2020. We are considering all options for starting the semester in August and developing flexible ways of starting studies should you be unable to travel to Tampere before the start of the semester. We will inform all selected students as soon as we have more detailed information on the flexible study options available.
Latest updates on the coronavirus
Know what's going on in the university community
Welcome video for you
Starting your studies
Once you arrive in Tampere, it is time to officially register as a student at Tampere University and prepare to start your studies. We have listed here the main things you need to take care of to get started successfully. Remember that your student tutors will be happy to help with everything even before you get here.
- Pay the Student Union membership fee and register as present or absent (first year students may register as absent only on statutory grounds)
- Learn about our IT services and get your TUNI user account from the IT Helpdesk
- Apply for a student card
- Take part in the Welcome Week
- Complete your registration with the local authority, Digital and Population Data Services Agency
- Familiarise yourself with the programme curriculum and teaching timetables for autumn 2020 and sign up for first period courses
- Get to know what its like to be a student at Tampere Universities