Checklist for new Open University students
- If you are considering studies at the Open University, you should first read our instructions for prospective students.
- After we receive your payment of the study fee, we will send you confirmation email. Please be aware that your registration is binding after you have paid the fee. Read more about terms of payment and cancelling the studies.
- Activate your TUNI user account as soon as possible. You will need your user account to log on to many of our electronic services. Activate your account at https://id.tuni.fi.
- Check your University-issued email address on a regular basis or forward your mail to another email address. You will receive your email address when you activate your TUNI user account.
- On the Sisu study information system, you draft your personal study plan (PSP), sign up for courses and monitor the progress of your studies. Sisu will open for all students 5 August 2020. From Sisu you can check your personal information, student number and duration of your study right. Read more about Sisu. Pay attention that you sign up for the same implementation for which you have received the right to study.
- Log on to Moodle, the primary virtual learning environment for our students. You will receive instructions for accessing Moodle when you first join the Open University.
- Learn more about the available courses and the course schedule. We will not send separate course invitations to our students. We recommend you attend the first day of class as this will be the time when the teacher provides important details about completing the course.
- Find out more about the broad range of services and digital resources offered by the Tampere University Library and obtain a library card, so you can borrow textbooks. Read more about library services.
Support for your studies: the staff at the Student Affairs Office will be happy to offer you practical advice and guidance. You can also schedule a personal appointment by contacting the designated academic coordinator/officer of your field of study.