Checklist for new Open University students
- If you are considering studies at the Open University, you should first read our instructions for prospective students.
- After we receive your payment of the study fee, we will send you confirmation email. Please be aware that your registration is binding after you have paid the fee. Read more about terms of payment and cancelling the studies.
- Activate your TUNI user account as soon as possible. You will need your user account to log on to many of our electronic services. Activate your account at https://id.tuni.fi.
- Check your University-issued email address on a regular basis or forward your mail to another email address. You will receive your email address when you activate your TUNI user account.
- Engineering students at Hervanta and Pori Campus: You need to enrol in your courses and exams through POP system (www.tuni.fi/pop). From POP you can check the course timetables, content and requirements. Your student number will be displayed in POP > Studies > My basic information > Personal information. After you have completed a course, the credits will appear in your academic records only after you have provided course feedback through the Kaiku feedback system. You can access Kaiku by clicking the link to the system that is available in POP > Studies > Studies (only for course implementation rounds in which you have enrolled) or directly through the web address of the Kaiku system.
- Non-engineering students: Check your contact details in NettiRekka. The information displayed in NettiRekka is retrieved from our student records, so please make sure your contact details are complete and accurate in NettiRekka and edit them, if necessary.
- Log on to Moodle, the primary virtual learning environment for our students. You will receive instructions for accessing Moodle when you first join the Open University.
- Learn more about the available courses and the course schedule. We will not send separate course invitations to our students. We recommend you attend the first day of class as this will be the time when the teacher provides important details about completing the course.
- Find out more about the broad range of services and digital resources offered by the Tampere University Library and obtain a library card, so you can borrow textbooks. Read more about library services.
Support for your studies: the staff at the Student Affairs Office will be happy to offer you practical advice and guidance. You can also schedule a personal appointment by contacting the designated academic coordinator/officer of your field of study.