- Student's handbook | Starting your studies | Studying in Tampere
- Student's handbook | Services and Regulations for students | Study regulations
- Student's handbook | Studying | Planning studies and guidance
Tuition fees apply to non-EU/EEA citizens studying in Bachelor's or Master's degree programmes offered in English at Tampere University and Tampere University of Applied Sciences. Fees range between 8,000 and 12,000 euros per academic year depending on the programme. Tuition fees apply to students who have been admitted in 2017 or later.
You are not required to pay the tuition fee if you are:
- an EU/EEA citizen
- equivalent to EU/EEA citizen (i.e. citizen of Switzerland)
- already reside in Finland (a continuous A or a permanent P/P-EU residence permit), or have an EU Blue Card issued in Finland. The exempting residence permit must be valid on 1 August i.e. when the study right commences. Please note that a residence permit in another EU/EEA country does not exempt you from the tuition fee
There are no tuition fees in doctoral programmes.
If you are unsure about whether you are subject to tuition fees, please see Am I required to pay tuition fees? section on the Studyinfo.fi site.
|Programme||Fee per academic year|
Payment options for new students are through credit card (Visa/MC/AmEx), Stripe payment (blue card symbol) or Finnish online bank transfer. Other options (international bank transfers or invoices) cannot be considered due to security reasons, as non-referenced payments and larger monetary inflows are strictly monitored by the Finnish banks.
REGISTRATION LINK FOR NEW STUDENTS (Bachelor)
REGISTRATION LINK FOR NEW STUDENTS (Master)
Continuing students cannot enroll through PAKKI, as the 1st installment (50 %) of the tuition fee must be paid when enrolling. Payment options for continuing students are through credit card (Visa/MC/AmEx), Stripe payment (blue card symbol) or Finnish online bank transfer. Scholarships in years 2-4 are determined based on study success (credits gained and/or GPA) once summer courses are evaluated by 15 August. The 2nd installment is due 31 August annually.
|COVID-19 exceptions for continuing students|
31 July 2020 – deadline to pay the 1st installment of the tuition fee and registering as present
30 September 2020 – deadline to pay the possible 2nd installment of the tuition fee.
Should a student require additional time (+1 year) for completing the degree, they should apply for the extension first, then register as present and pay an extension tuition fee of 1 500 € for the duration.