Feedback on education
Student feedback forms an important part of Tampere University of Applied Sciences' quality management, assessment and feedback system. Your feedback is discussed annually in the performance analysis of degree programmes. This has a significant effect on development of teaching and curricula.
You give course feedback on course implementations or their parts. The feedback is collected and processed by the teacher in charge of the course. You give the feedback at the end of the course implementation through the electronic course feedback system in Pakki or by another method defined by the teacher. The teacher makes a summary of the received feedback and saves it in the course implementation plan. You can see the summary on the front page of Pakki. The teacher can also collect interval feedback during a course implementation. You can find the interval feedback link in Pakki.
The feedback is used for developing courses.
Guidelines in IT Help (login required)
Annual Student Feedback
All students are asked to give feedback on studying in connection with the annual feedback weeks.
Feedback Survey for New Students
Feedback will be collected from new students in the autumn and spring. The themes include, for example, orientation days and related contents as well as the first study months.
The results of the previous years can be found in the quality manual (in Finnish only).
Second- and third-year students give annual feedback in November. The survey collects feedback on the study process in degree-awarding education. The themes include, for example:
- willingness to recommend
- learning and teaching
- learning environments
- feedback and assessment
- working life connection and practical training
- TAMK services
- student union Tamko
The survey results are discussed with you and other students in feedback sessions organised by the degree programmes in the spring.
You can find the results in the quality manual.
Feedback on Master's Degrees
Master's degree students have their own feedback survey, which you answer once during your studies. The teacher in charge of the studies sends the survey link to his/her group when the studies have lasted for approximately half a year.
The feedback survey establishes the students' experiences on their studies and TAMK services as well as their willingness to recommend the degree programme and development needs related to the degree programme.
The teachers in charge discuss the results with their group and a summary of the results can be found in the quality manual.
Guidance and Development Discussions
The teacher tutor has a personal guidance and development discussion with the students a minimum of once a year and makes a summary of the discussions. The summary contents are discussed in degree programme meetings together with other student feedback when making the performance analysis and deciding on the development targets for the following year.
Student Notification of Educational Defects
When you want to complain about teaching, you
(1) first discuss the matter with the rest of the group and then, if the group has a joint opinion on the notification,
(2) discuss the matter with the teacher concerned.
If the above-mentioned discussions do not bring the desired result
(3) the group and the teacher discuss with one another on a separately agreed occasion. The purpose of the discussion is always to reach a compromise.
(4) If the oral conciliation does not bring the desired result, the group makes a written notification of the matter. The notification is signed by all or some of the group members. The notification can also be signed with a marking of how many group members stand behind the notification. The notification is delivered to the head of degree programme, and it also has to include the information on when the conciliation discussion has taken place.
(5) The head of degree programme has to convene the group for conciliation in a month after the complaint has arrived. In addition to the head of degree programme, the group members and the teacher attend this conciliation. The head of degree programme presides at the conciliation.
(6) If this conciliation does not bring the desired result, the head of degree programme delivers the discussion memo and the notification to the director of education who makes the decision as required by the situation, if need be together with the vice president in charge of education.
(7) The head of degree programme informs those who have signed the notification of the related decision.
If you do not know how to complain about an educational defect, the head of degree programme, director of education or some such will tell the appropriate complaint manner to you.
Student Feedback Survey at Graduation Phase (AVOP)
The student feedback survey AVOP is a common and uniform student feedback collection system of universities of applied sciences and the Ministry of Education and Culture. All graduating students fill in the feedback in connection with applying for their degree certificate. The feedbacks collected at the graduation phase map experiences of the whole study time. The survey themes are
- teaching and learning
- internationality, multiculturalism and language studies
- working life connections and counselling
- practical training
- satisfaction with studies
The feedback on master's degrees does not include the practical training section but in other respects the survey is the same for all.
The feedback survey is answered at https://avop.fi/fi. Please log into the feedback survey through HAKA.
After answering to the survey you are directed to the intranet site where you can find the link to the Finnish or English degree certificate application. As earlier, the degree certificate application allows application for graduation on the last working day of the month by the due date and registration for the following graduation ceremony.
The summary of the results can be found in the quality manual.