Student card benefits
As a bachelor's or master's degree student you are entitled to a meal subsidy in subsidised student restaurants. Students in specialisation studies are also entitled to the meal subsidy if the studies make them eligible for student financial aid.
The student card or meal subsidy card issued by the Social Insurance Institution of Finland (Kela) entitles you to the discount in all TAMK's campus restaurants in Tampere. You are also entitled to the meal subsidy in subsidised student restaurants in other Finnish higher education institutions.
Student Discounts in Public Transport
As a student you have a discount when travelling on local and long-distance busses and trains.
Bus Traffic in the Tampere Area
See TKL's (Tampere Public Transport) webpages:
Under 25-year-old students pay the youth (http://joukkoliikenne.tampere.fi/en/tickets-fares.html) price
25-30-year-old students pay the student (http://joukkoliikenne.tampere.fi/en/tickets-fares/discount-groups/students.html) price
Over 30-year-old students pay the student (http://joukkoliikenne.tampere.fi/en/tickets-fares/discount-groups/students.html) or the adult (http://joukkoliikenne.tampere.fi/en/tickets-fares.html) price
Long-Distance Bus and Train Traffic
Tampere for Students
- Education and teaching | Supervision of students | General guidelines for supervision
- Student's guide | Starting your studies | Orientation
- Student's guide | Starting your studies | Studying in Tampere
- Student's guide | Services and Regulations for students | Study regulations
- Student's guide | Studying | Planning studies and guidance