COVID-19 : Distance learning contingency plans for new international students
The health and safety of TAMK staff, students and visitors is always our first priority. We will always adhere to the instructions given by local and national government and health authorities. All information is collated on our general COVID-19 pandemic website.
Due to the unknown COVID-19 situation in Autumn 2020, TAMK is making contingency plans to support international students who may not be able to be in Tampere to start their studies when mandatory orientation studies are to start. All the outlined plans below will be re-evaluated at the beginning of August and new plans will be put in place if the pandemic situation is still ongoing at that time.
- Entrepreneurship and Team Leadership : Start online with the students still abroad with the full course load planned for autumn 2020.
- Environmental Engineering : Start online with the students still abroad with 85-100% of the courses planned for autumn 2020. Courses that cannot be completed online will be rescheduled.
- International Business : Start online with the students still abroad with the full course load planned for autumn 2020.
- Media and Arts : Start online with the students still abroad with most of the courses planned for autumn 2020. Courses that require attendance on campus will be rescheduled for the end of the year.
- Nursing : No distance learning possibility, as clinical training will be on campus or in clinical settings in the community. Contingencies will be considered on a case-by-case basis if necessary.
- Software Engineering : Start online with the students still abroad with the full course load planned for Period 1 (1 Aug – 18 Oct 2020). Situation will be re-evaluated in August. Plan for Period 2 (19 Oct – 31 Dec 2020): classroom teaching for those who are in Finland, distance learning for those who are still abroad. International students who cannot arrive in Finland during Period 1 are advised to continue distance learning and come in January 2021. From January 2021 onwards only classroom teaching for everyone.
- Educational Leadership : First intensive week will be fully online. Students must be present on campus for the second intensive week in January 2021 to continue studies.
- International Business Management : Contact dates for autumn 2020 are online with the students still abroad. Students must be present on campus from January 2021 onwards to continue studies.
- Risk Management and Circular Economy : First intensive week can be fully online. Students must be present on campus for the second intensive week in January 2021 to continue studies.
- Screenwriting : Start online with the students still abroad with a 15 credit course load for autumn 2020.
NB! Checking your original school leaving certificates, work certificates and other official documents will be extended until you are able to be physically present on campus. You can prepare by making sure that you have all documents in order and bring them with you (preferably in hand luggage) to make sure you have them with you. If you are not sure what is an "original document", please contact your study affairs coordinator or the TAMK Welcome Team with your questions. All student selections are conditional until we have verified that the selection has been based on real and not falsified documents.
We will provide support and inform student groups directly once more detailed information is available during summer and early autumn 2020. We ask that all students keep TAMK informed about their arrival plans and residence permit situation along the way.
Questions about arrival and residence permits should be sent to the TAMK Welcome Team
Questions about courses and accreditation should be sent to study counsellors (link below)