Advanced Studies in Digital Literacy Education, Vähintään 80 op
The focus of the studies is on developing expertise in the new discipline of digital literacy education. The discipline is formed by the linking of media literacy to information and communication technology in learning, media use and critical thinking in media saturated societies. The programme develops students’ expertise in tutoring, development of conceptual awareness and practical skills, that are necessary for competence in reading and writing media, and creating suitable learning environments.
Upon completing the advanced studies, the student
- has a wide-ranging understanding on the terms of societal and global learning in digital literacies
- understands her/his responsibility as an educator and societal influential person with pedagogical power
- is able to make justified and ethical choices in her/his professional activities
- can give fluent presentations and arguments on media education, compile material and analyse it independently and critically
- can operate in a group, and can argue and report on the basis of systematic research