Policy Knowledge and Lesson Drawing in Nordic School Reform in an Era of International Comparison POLNET
This research project employs comparative network analysis to explore how school reforms are formulated, developed and renewed by the production and use of policy knowledge and expertise within and across five Nordic countries.
Tavoite ja tehtävät
The outcomes will enable both policy researchers and experts to:
- Understand changes in the use of national, regional and international policy knowledge over the period 1988 - 2020 across five Nordic countries.
- Determine shifts in references to systems and knowledge about "best practices" or "international standards".
- Trace how influential transnational policy shifts associated with key problems such as accountability and equity are interpreted and translated across contexts.
- Contribute to foundational policy research on the nexus between local, national, and global policy.
- Explore the application of network analysis as a methodological and analytical tool for understanding governance in an era of international comparison.
The Norwegian Research Council (12 million NOK).
University of Oslo, Faculty of Educational Sciences, Department of Education