Dr. Jukka Takala, DSc, FFOM (Hon.), Adjunct Professor, Tampere University, Finland
President of the International Commission on Occupational Health 2015-
The first Executive Director of Workplace Safety and Health Institute of the Ministry of Manpower of Singapore from 2011 and continued as Senior Consultant until end 2017.
Director of the European Agency for Safety and Health at Work (EU-OSHA) from 2006-2011. He was the coordinator of all EU regulatory agencies in 2010-11.
He served the International Labour Organisation during 1978-2006.
- Director of the ILO’s Global SafeWork Programme – InFocus Programme for Safety and Health at Work and the Environment - until 2006. He was in charge of all ILO processes related to safety and health at work, such as regulatory, enforcement, knowledge and technical cooperation activities, and a member and chair of the International Programme for Chemical Safety and ILO/WHO/UNEP/UNITAR/UNIDO/World Bank Programmes for Chemicals.
- Head of the ILO’s CIS Information Centre, and Chief of OSH Branch 1986-1999.
- ILO Chief Technical Adviser in Kenya and Thailand, from 1978-1986.
Before joining the ILO he worked from 1969 in
- at the Helsinki University of Technology, and then
- at the Ministry of Social Affairs and Health, OSH Administration in Finland.