Seminar to Celebrate Professor Emeritus Pertti Haapala
Tampere University and Academy of Finland Centre of Excellence in the History of Experiences (HEX) will organize a seminar to celebrate Professor Emeritus Pertti Haapala´s long and significant career.
The event will take place in Tampere University Main Building´s main auditorium (Auditorium A210) on Thursday 2nd June at 5–7.30. p.m. (Coffee service starting at 04.30).
- Welcome, Professor Pirjo Markkola
- Tampere University´s Greetings, Professor Juho Saari, Dean of the Faculty of Social Sciences
- Writing the Nation Today: Challenges and Pitfalls, Professor Stefan Berger
- The Promise of Social History. On the Role of Theory in Pertti Haapala’s Research, Professor Marja Jalava
- From Theory to Social Change in the 21st Century: How can we save the planet?, Professor Christopher Lloyd
- History of Society and the Lived Welfare State, University Researcher Minna Harjula
- Lived Religion in Early Modern Society and Other Histories of Experiences That Never Were, Professor Raisa Toivo
- Concluding remarks, Professor Emeritus Pertti Haapala
Sparkling wine offering
Kuva: Jonne Renvall/Tampereen yliopisto