Research funding opportunity: the Faculty of Built Environment is looking for MSCA PF candidates
Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions (MSCA) belong to the Horizon Europe framework programme. Postdoctoral Fellowship (PF) is one of the MSCA’s main funding actions enabling 1-3,5 years long individual projects in Europe (European Fellowship) or other countries (Global Fellowship). MSCA PF is for postdoctoral researchers coming from another country than the hosting institution is located.
The call is aimed at promising researchers with a purpose to promote their career development. This action provides opportunities both within academia and other sectors as well. This call is open for individuals that have a PhD by the deadline of the call who have defended their thesis not more than 8 years ago.
What does the funding cover?
The beneficiary receiving EU funding needs to recruit the researcher for the total period of the fellowship.
The EU provides support for the recruited researcher in the form of
- A living allowance
- A mobility allowance
- If applicable, family, long-term leave and special needs allowances
Funding is provided for
- Research, training and networking activities
- Management and indirect costs
Proposal writing webinars - Masterclass 2022
Research Services at Tampere University (TAU) have extensive experience in supporting researchers in applying for MSCA PF funding. The support includes practical advice, training and improving the quality of MSCA PF proposals. In addition, a webinar course series called MSCA PF Masterclass 2022 will be organized for the sixth time during May-August 2022. Applicants can join Masterclass even during the summer, as the most important Masterclass sessions have been recorded and available online.
All potential researchers applying for MSCA PF funding to TAU will be invited to the course. In addition, all the researcher at TAU applying for the Global or European Fellowship funding abroad are welcome to join the course. This Teams based Masterclass is highly recommended for all MSCA PF applicants.
How to participate?
The webinar will be open for all PF applicants who apply to Tampere University with a committed supervisor at TAU, and to all researchers at TAU who are applying for European or Global Fellowships abroad.
What is required from the Applicant (incoming or outgoing)?
- The applicant together with the supervisor is expected to fully commit to the proposal writing process and deadlines. Proposal submission deadline: 14 September 2022
- Eligibility criteria of the applicant:
- Must have a PhD that they defended max. 8 years ago from the call deadline.
- The mobility rule: the PF may be of any nationality, but may not have resided or carried out their main activity (work, studies, etc.) in the country of their host organisation for more than 12 months in the three years immediately before the call deadline (14.9.2022).
How to get in touch with the Faculty of Built Environment?
If your research theme is a match with BEN research profile and you are committed to proposal writing process, express your interest by sending the following documents in PDF-form:
- CV (maximum length 3 pages)
- Description of tentative research plan to be proposed to the MSCA PF -program (2-5 pages)
- Declaration of eligibility (This will be double checked by the research support staff.) Detailed information on eligibility: Postdoctoral Fellowships | Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions (europa.eu)
Send the afore mentioned documents in PDF-form by e-mail with a subject "MSCA PF" to at latest on 17 June 2022 to both addresses mentioned below:
- Research Specialist at BEN faculty: Anne Tuhkunen: anne.tuhkunen (a) tuni.fi
- Research Services’ Preaward team: Preaward (a) tuni.fi
We are connecting you to the potential supervisor to discuss your plans and your suitability to BEN’s research profile after you have sent us your expression of interest.
Please note, that we cannot fully guarantee that suitable supervisor is found, and you will be accepted as a MSCA PF candidate.
Details of the MSCA PF call: Funding & tenders (europa.eu)