This course is all about making and mastering methods and processes for successfully developing systems and keeping your customers satisfied. In this training you will:
- Get a toolkit to analyse and improve your systems’ development process
- Learn to analyse and simulate your system by developing different points of view
- Learn ways to hghlight systems’ complexity and to manage it
- Learn new methods, tools and ways of thinking
- Network with others and engage in peer learning
- Learn ways to highlight causalities and internal systems’ contradictions
- Learn to visualize systems and processes.
Emphasis will be given to key concepts and tasks such as:
- gathering, refining, modeling and management of design requirements,
- system architecture design,
- search for internal and external contradictions,
- simulation and evaluation of systems design.
The training consists of 6 training days and a selected project case to which every participant applies given toolkit and method. A special focus is given to the early design stages, the description of the environment and problems to tackle.
Module 1: Systems Engineering, 2 days
- The principles and tools of Systems Engineering
- Requirements management
- Impact analysis
- Simulation game
Module 2: System Modeling, 2 days
- Definition of the design problem
- Use cases and scenarios
- Criteria and modeling of systems dynamics
Module 3: The Operational Use of the Systemic Model, 2 days
- The operational use of systems’ models
- Capturing, Using and Maintaining Design Reasoning
- Flow-Based Project Management
If you are in charge for the effectiveness and quality of complex systems (e.g. R&D, IT, projects, development) this course is for you. Initial course requirements: some initial knowledge or involvement with the development process of products or systems.
Participate and get new perspectives! Make a mind leap!
Lively conversations, theory and practice are provided by our great trainers: Professor Eric Coatanea (TUT), Assistant Professor Tero Juuti (TUT), Professor Kari Systä (TUT), Head of Research Area, Business Ecosystems, Value Chains and Foresight Jean-Peter Ylén (VTT) and Engineering Management Consultant Riku Salminen (SYSE Oy).
Mari Vuolle, Tel. +358 40 771 0009, firstname.lastname@example.org
The fee includes tuition, training materials and meals during the training days.
The registration is binding. For cancellation later than 14 days before the first training day, we will charge 50% of the fee. If you neglect to cancel and do not show up, the fee will be charged in full. If you are unable to attend despite registration, you may hand over your place to a colleague. We reserve the right to cancel, reschedule or change the program.