Tampere Summer School: Costs and cancellation
For online courses of 2020 there is a special discount of 25 % of our original costs. Tampere Summer School course fees are:
- 280 euros for a course of 2 ECTS - an online course 210 euros
- 420 euros for a course of 3 ECTS - an online course 315 euros
- 560 euros for a course of 4 ECTS - an online course 420 euros
- 700 euros for a course of 5 ECTS - an online course 525 euros
NOTE! Tampere Summer School fee is paid when confirming your participation. The payment is made with a credit card (no additional charges). Finnish participants can also choose online banking as their payment method.
The course fee includes:
- registration to the course
- guidance and service
- info package
- certificate (for external students only)
- an optional online social activity
The courses are free of charge for
- degree students of Tampere University and Tampere University of Applied Sciences, registered as 'present' for the academic year 2020-2021 (including new degree students starting their studies in autumn 2020 and PhD students)
- exchange students of Tampere University and Tampere University of Applied Sciences, that were arriving for autumn semester 2020
After registering (= final confirmation) to Tampere Summer School 2020 nothing of the course fee will be refunded. Selected applicants must confirm participation and pay possible fees (instructions will be attached to the letter of acceptance) by 30 June 2020. If the confirmation has not been made by that date, the course reservation of the applicant will be cancelled.
Please note that Tampere Summer School reserves the right to cancel a course if the minimum amount of students is not reached.
Not relevant for online version of 2020.
Depending on the type of accommodation, the fee for housing for two weeks is approximately 340 euros. Please see Accommodation info for further details.
The Tampere Summer School Social Programme includes activities that are free of charge and activities that are chargeable. Please see the entire Social Programme for further details.
Enrolment is required for all activities and events. Selected Summer School students will received enrolment instructions in June.
Please note that all fees for Social Programme activities are non-refundable!
Lunch on campus
Summer School students have a variety of lunch options available on campus. A meal in a university cafeteria (including drinks and salad) costs 2,60 euros for degree and exchange students in Finland and 7,55 euros for external students.