Tampere Summer School: Costs and cancellation
Tampere Summer School course fees are:
- 240 euros for a course of 2 ECTS
- 360 euros for a course of 3 ECTS
- 480 euros for a course of 4 ECTS
- 600 euros for a course of 5 ECTS
NOTE! Tampere Summer School fee is paid when confirming your participation.
The course fee includes:
- registration to the course
- guidance and service
- info package
- study facilities and
- transcript/certificate (for external students only)
Please note that accommodation and meals are NOT included in the course fee.
The courses are free of charge for
- degree students of Tampere University and Tampere University of Applied Sciences, registered as 'present' for the academic year 2019-2020 (including new degree students starting their studies in autumn 2019 and PhD students)
- exchange students of Tampere University and Tampere University of Applied Sciences, arriving for autumn semester 2019
Depending on the type of accommodation, the fee for housing for two weeks is approximately 340 euros. Please see Accommodation info for further details.
The Tampere Summer School Social Programme includes activities that are free of charge and activities that are chargeable. Please see the entire Social Programme for further details.
Enrolment is required for all activities and events. Selected Summer School students will received enrolment instructions in June.
Please note that all fees for Social Programme activities are non-refundable!
Lunch on campus
Summer School students have a variety of lunch options available on campus. A meal in a university cafeteria (including drinks and salad) costs 2,60 euros for degree and exchange students in Finland and 7,55 euros for external students.
Students who have been admitted and registered (= final confirmation) to Tampere Summer School 2019 may cancel their participation before the cancellation deadline (to be confirmed). Tampere Summer School will refund the course fee, minus 100 euros for banking and administrative costs.
Written cancellation must be sent to the Summer School email by the given deadline.
After the cancellation deadline nothing of the course fee will be refunded. The same policy applies if you are forced to cancel because you did not receive a visa.
Please note that Tampere Summer School reserves the right to cancel a course if the minimum amount of students is not reached.