- understands major theoretical approaches of media education
- can identify the challenges and opportunities of media culture and digital environments in teaching and learning
- is capable to design and implement media education to support learning of people all ages
- strengthens his/her identity as a media educator in different educational institutions
- is acquainted with media and information literacy and their relationship to multiliteracies
The course focuses on the theories and the key concepts of media education and media pedagogy. The central topics of the course are:
- audiences (media relations, the use of media in everyday life, learning and participation)
- representations (gender and identity models presented by the media, worldview and forms of talk back)
- language (media presentations and media modes), production (the power of the media and the possibilities for personal expression and participation)
- production (the power of the media and possibilities for expression and participation in the society)
05.09.2022 10:00 - 12:00, TAU Virta 109 auditorio (94)12.09.2022 10:00 - 12:00, TAU Virta 109 auditorio (94)19.09.2022 10:00 - 12:00, TAU Virta 109 auditorio (94)26.09.2022 10:00 - 12:00, TAU Virta 109 auditorio (94)03.10.2022 10:00 - 12:00, TAU Virta 109 auditorio (94)10.10.2022 10:00 - 12:00, TAU Virta 109 auditorio (94)
The Handbook of Media Education Research
Selected articles will be shared during the course
General scale, 0-5
Contact informationEmail: open.studies.tau [at] tuni.fiPhone: 0294 520 200
More information concerning Open University studiestuni.fi/open-university
Applications to open university studies must be sent through the online application form. Please read through the application instructions in Applying to Open University studies -pages.
Some courses may require prior knowledge. Please check course info in Information about studies and Prerequisites.
After receiving confirmation email you also have to sign-up for the courses in Sisu-system. Please follow the instructions mentioned in confirmation email.
Look information at Applying to Open University studies.
We continue to build our site and welcome all feedback. Please also let us know if you spot any mistakes on our site. If you wish to get a reply, remember to include your email address in your feedback message.
If you have questions about studying with us, please contact email@example.com (Tampere University) or firstname.lastname@example.org (Tampere University of Applied Sciences). If you have problems with your user account or other IT-related issues, get in touch with our IT Helpdesk
Feedback (required field)*
Tampere University and Tampere University of Applied Sciences (TAMK) constitute the Tampere Universities community. Our areas of priority in research and education are technology, health and society.Tampere University: +358 (0)294 5211Tampere University of Applied Sciences : +358 (0)294 5222