Current issues - COVID-19
Tampere University of Applied Sciences will increase its contact teaching significantly this academic year. (Updated 26 October 2021)
Orientation studies have since Autumn 2021 been organised as contact teaching. Studies for first-year and second-year students are mainly organised on campus, which supports students’ engagement in their studies. All degree programmes in English have announced that they will continue supporting international students with distance learning until the end of 2021 when all students should have arrived. Newly selected students are instructed to prepare their arrival as soon as it is possible to do so. We wish you patience, and hope that you trust us to inform you as soon as we have updates on what you should do next. If you have questions, please email us at welcome.tamk [at] tuni.fi
The general hygiene and safety guidelines and face mask recommendation are still followed on campus. Lunch times are staggered by school and degree programme groups. It is required to follow the lunch times to ensure sufficient safety distances in the restaurant. Remote work recommendation ended in September. Non-teaching staff agree on working remotely or on campus with their superiors. Corona vaccines are strongly recommended for students and staff.
When arriving in Finland, find out what you need to know from FINENTRY.
After arrival, the use of Koronavilkku app is strongly recommended.
In the meantime - stay safe and healthy!
Official pre-arrival tasks
Nice to see you! You have made one of the best decisions of your life to come to TAMK to start building your future with us. These are your instructions for what you must, should and can do to prepare a successful start to your studies at TAMK.
Please read carefully and follow each step - we look forward to having you here soon!
- Confirm your study place
- Register as present or absent (+tuition fee payment for non EU/EEA students)
- Start immigration procedures (if applicable)
- Book student housing (if necessary)
- Apply for KELA Financial Aid for Students and Housing Allowance (if applicable)
- Pay the mandatory Student Health Care fee
- Prepare for original document check and accreditation
- Activate your TUNI account (students without Finnish online banking codes should visit IT Helpdesk in person)
- Join the Tamko Students’ Union and get your student card
- Familiarise yourself with the orientation of your degree programme (links below)
- Plan your arrival in Tampere
Programme specific information Spring 2022:
Programme specific instructions will include detailed information on where and when your studies start and how to prepare. The information will be updated during Autumn 2021 and published her as soon as available.
Nursing - aimed at immigrants (January 2022 start)