Info desks of the buildings are located close to the main entrances making them easy to approach also with a wheelchair. Info desks adivse you on the accessibility of the building, for example, the location of accessible toilets. Campus maps are available at Info desks.
Moving around the campuses
Accessibility to all the buildings is ensured by ramps, elevators and automatic doors. New elevators have voice control and many elevators also have Braille buttons.
On Hervanta campus, the buildings are connected to each other by an accessible internal route. On the city centre campus, an unobstructed internal connection is found between Main building and PinniB, and between PinniB and PinniA. TAMK main campus has an accessible internal route between Kuntokatu 3 and Kuntokatu 4 through an overpass.
Most of the bigger classrooms and infos have an induction loop that can be used to transfer speech wirelessly to the hearing aid. The facilities with an induction loop can be found at Kuulokuvat.fi site. You can also find induction loop facilities from Resource Booker using the Induction Loop filter. You can ask more information from building info desk.
Kauppi campus, city centre campus and TAMK main campus have rooms for temporary resting. The rooms are locked and the info desk personnel open the door when necessary.
- Arvo, room D355
City centre campus
- Main building, room A101, close to the info point
- Pinni A, room 1058, next to the student association room
- Pinni B, room B0062
- Linna, room K126, 0 floor, close to the toilets
TAMK main campus
Kuntokatu 3, room G3-17
Teaching and meeting rooms
Most of the large auditoriums have space for wheelchairs either at the top or the bottom of the room, and automatic doors. Most of the teaching and meeting rooms have movable furniture.
Parking and accompanying vehicles
All campuses have parking spaces for the disabled close to the entrances. In Linna and Virta buildings on the city centre campus, parking for the disabled is organised in the parking garage. Only employees can use those parking spaces.
Check the campus maps for the exact location of the parking spaces for the disabled as well as routes for accompanying vehicles.
The campus restaurants serve several different dishes each day. Ask the restaurant for an option that suits you. It is not possible to get food while sitting in a wheelchair in all the restaurants. In such cases, ask the restaurant personnel for help.
All campuses have an accessible exam room. For information an accessible studying, please visit the pages found below.
In addition to gender-neutral toilets there are physically accessible toilets for people with restricted mobility in the public areas of each building both at the University and TAMK, which are, as a rule, gender-neutral. More detailed information on the locations of the toilets for people with restricted mobility can be found in the building’s info.
Gender-neutral toilets on campuses:
City centre campus
- Gate part in Pinni A, third and fourth floors (A3099, A3100, A4094, A4095)
- Part A in Päätalo (A011, A012, A128a,A214g, A222, A223)
- Part B in Päätalo (B04a, B04b, B04c)
- Part C in Päätalo (C04, C05)
- Virta: First floor lobby (124, 125)
- Arvo 1 (A205, A206, A306, A307)
- Arvo 2, almost all toilets
- Main Building, zero floor (PA012A, PA013A and PA013B)
- Main Building, first floor, Language Centre PB114)
- Main Building, first and second floor lobbies (PA109, PA213, PA214)
- Festia, second floor (FA215 and FA216)
Pori campus (University Consortium of Pori)
- First floor, Mailroom corridor (136)
- Second floor, Coordination Unit (228)
TAMK’s main campus, address Kuntokatu 3
- G-wing (G1-08, G1-09, G2-17, G2-25 and G2-26)
- H-wing (H1-16 and H1-17)
- B-wing (B2-08, B2-07, B3-06, B4-06, B4-05, B5-06, B6-06, B6-05)
- F-wing (F0-26, F0-27, F1-27, F1-28, F2-30A, F2-31A)
- C-wing (C3-09A: nine toilets, C4-08A: nine toilets)
There are gender-neutral locker rooms in the Atalpa building on the city centre campus and in the Festia building on Hervanta campus.