Tampere University Student's Handbook
Continuing to Master's Degree studies
Continuing Master's Degree studies after Bachelor's Degree Programme in Science and Engineering
The students of the Bachelor's Programme in Science and Engineering also get a study right to the degree of Master of Science in Technology upon admission to the Bachelor's programme. The Master's degree programme is determined by the studies completed in the Bachelor's degree. Currently, it's possible to continue to the following Tampere University's MSc programmes available in English:
- Automation Engineering
- Biomedical Sciences and Engineering
- Business and Technology
- Computing Sciences
- Environmental Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Information Technology
- Materials Science and Engineering
- Photonics Technologies
- Science and Engineering
At the end of this page, you can find a list of the requirements for each MSc programme. The section is divided in two, because the degree structure and the major options of the Bachelor's Programme in Science and Engineering have changed over the years and the requirements may vary depending on the year you started your studies / the degree structure that you follow.
If you are not sure whether you fulfil the requirements for a specific MSc programme or not, you can get in touch with that programme's contact person for more information.
What should I do in order to continue to a MSc programme at Tampere University?
1. Check the requirements below and familiarize yourself with the MSc programme curriculum.
2. Make a MSc personal study plan (PSP) anytime during your 3rd study year or earlier.
3. Fill in this form during your 3rd study year when you have at least 150 credits and choose the MSc programme you are interested in.
4. The education specialist responsible for the MSc programme will take a look at your previous studies and your MSc study plan and then confirm your MSc programme.