TAMK Student's Handbook
TAMK offers as additional support a range of activities that support the academic progress of our students, such as revision workshops and courses offered as freely elective studies.
Special needs teachers and student wellbeing advisors also offer “Sparris” workshops that help students improve their study skills.
Welcome to one workshop or all of them! No pre-registration is required.
You can find Parvi at the TAMK Main Campus Service Street, in the room B1-24.
Sparris Workshops in English, spring 2022:
Time management: guidance and support (Parvi B1-24 and Zoom)
How to use your study time effectively? How can you manage the time and deadlines? Contact person: Sanna Laiho
- Time at Zoom: Wednesday 26.1 at 15 - 16.30, Zoom: https://tuni.zoom.us/j/66027550724
- Time at Parvi (B1-24): Tuesdays 22.3. and 19.4. at 15 - 16.30
Tips for reading (Parvi B1-24 and Zoom)
Do you need support with reading? Come hear ideas and tips! Contact person: Marianna Leikomaa
- Time at Parvi (B1-24): Monday 31.1. at 15 - 16.30
- Time in Zoom: Tuesday 8.3. at 15 - 16.30, Zoom: https://tuni.zoom.us/j/61967219512?pwd=eHpqSmtOZXlzSHJ6cENBcGR0cXhpdz09
Tips for writing (Parvi B1-24 and Zoom)
Do you need support with getting started with writing? Come hear ideas and tips! Contact person: Marianna Leikomaa
- Time at Parvi (B1-24): Monday 14.2. at 15 - 16.30
- Time in Zoom: Tuesday 22.3. at 15 - 16.30, Zoom: https://tuni.zoom.us/j/68804602437?pwd=eVhtM2czd3VETHYrTEZUZXVsRS9rUT09
Bachelor's Thesis guidance (in Parvi B1-24 and Zoom)
Support and help how to get your Thesis started and how to continue the work. Contact person: Sanna Laiho
- Time in Zoom: Wednesday 23.2. at 15 - 16.30, Zoom: https://tuni.zoom.us/j/66027550724
- Time in Parvi (B1-24): Wednesdays 23.3. and 27.4. at 15 - 16.30
Stage Fright Tips (at Mediapolis, room 20032)
Public speaking is said to be the biggest fear. Most of us feel a degree of nervous apprehension when preparing to speak up or perform in front of a group. The fear of public speaking or performance, often called stage fright. Let’s learn together skills to reduce and manage your fear and anxiety.
Time: Wednesday 16.3. at 15 – 16.30
Contact persons: Marianna Leikomaa, Johanna Virtanen (johanna.k.virtanen)