TAMK Student's Handbook
Feedback on education
Student feedback forms an important part of Tampere University of Applied Sciences' quality management, assessment and feedback system. Feedback is used for development of TAMK’s teaching, courses, education and related services. The wiki page “Processing of feedback” contains information on the processing and utilization of the student feedback by degree programmes.
Course feedback is collected on every course implementation. The feedback is collected and processed by the teacher in charge of the course together with other teachers of the course implementation. You give the feedback at the end of the course implementation through the electronic course feedback system in Pakki. You can see the course grade after giving feedback. The teacher responds to the feedback. You can see the response in the feedback channel of Pakki. The teacher may also collect intermediate feedback during a course implementation. You can find the feedback link in Pakki.
The feedback is used for developing TAMK’s courses and teaching.
Check also the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ).
Annual Student Feedback
All students are asked to give feedback on studying in connection with the annual feedback weeks in November and April.
Feedback survey for new students
We collect feedback from new students in the autumn and spring. The themes include for example orientation days and their contents as well as the first study months.
Second- and third-year students give annual feedback in November. The survey collects feedback on the study process of the degree programme. The themes include, for example:
- willingness to recommend
- learning and teaching
- learning environments
- feedback and assessment
- working life connections and practical training
- TAMK’s services
- student union Tamko
The survey results are discussed with students in feedback sessions organised by the degree programmes in the spring.
Feedback on master's degrees
Master's degree students have their own feedback survey, which they answer once during the studies. The survey is answered when the studies have lasted for approximately half a year.
The feedback survey establishes students' experiences on progress of studies and TAMK’s services as well as their willingness to recommend the degree programme and development wishes related to the degree programme.
The teachers in charge discuss the results with their group and a summary of the results can be found in Valvomo. Information on the processing and utilization of the student feedback can be found in the wiki page “Processing of feedback”.
The teacher tutor has a personal supervision discussion with you a minimum of once a year. Students fill in an assessment of their studies and wellbeing in advance and the assessment is used in the discussion. A summary is made of the discussions. The summary contents are discussed in degree programme feedback sessions together with other student feedback when making the performance analysis. The feedback has an effect on development targets for the following year.
Student Notification of Educational Defects
When you want to notify of educational defects
(1) first discuss the matter with the rest of the group and then, if the group has a joint opinion on the notification,
(2) discuss the matter with the teacher concerned. If the above-mentioned discussions do not bring the desired result
(3) the group and the teacher discuss with one another on a separately agreed occasion. The purpose of the discussion is always to reach a compromise.
(4) If the oral conciliation does not bring the desired result, the group makes a written notification of the matter. The notification is signed by all or some of the group members. The notification can also be signed with a marking of how many group members stand behind the notification. The notification is delivered to the manager, and it also has to include the information on when the conciliation discussion has taken place.
(5) The manager has to convene a group for conciliation in a month after the notification has arrived. In addition to the manager, the group members and the teacher attend the conciliation. The manager presides at the conciliation.
(6) If this conciliation does not bring the desired result, the manager delivers the discussion memo and the notification to the director of school who makes the decision as required by the situation, if need be together with the vice president in charge of the degree programme.
(7) The manager informs those who signed the notification of the related decision. If you want further information on notification of an educational defect or on feedback channels, please contact the manager, director of school or another person in charge of education.
Student Feedback Survey at Graduation Phase (AVOP)
The student feedback survey AVOP is a common and uniform student feedback collection system of universities of applied sciences and the Ministry of Education and Culture. All graduating students fill in the feedback in connection with applying for their degree certificate. The feedbacks collected at the graduation phase map experiences of the whole study time. The survey themes are
- teaching and learning
- internationality, multiculturalism and language studies
- working life connections and counselling
- practical training
- satisfaction with studies
The feedback on master's degrees does not include the practical training section but in other respects the survey is the same for all.
The feedback survey is answered at https://avop.fi/fi. The feedback survey is logged in through HAKA. After answering to the survey you are directed to the intranet site where you can find the link to the Finnish or English degree certificate application. As earlier, the degree certificate application allows application for graduation on the last working day of the month by the due date and registration for the following graduation ceremony.
The summary of the results can be found in Valvomo.
Career monitoring surveys
The employment of graduates (TAMK alumni) is followed up through annual career monitoring surveys. Survey is implemented through national cooperation.
Feedback and Thanks! -channel
Students can thank, raise development needs and make concrete suggestions to develop operations throughout the year on a joint Feedback and Thanks! -channel.
Processing of feedback wiki page
Student feedback intranet page
Quality manual "Quality from TAMK!" presents the key elements of quality system including quality policy, quality management practices and responsibilities.