TAMK Student's Handbook
International Talents´ Mentoring Programme
Tampere Universities organize annually a mentoring programme for international students and other young talents in Tampere. The mentoring programme aims to support the professional development of international talents, help them build professional networks and enable them to share their international experiences with the mentors.
The International Talents’ mentoring programme is aimed at international degree students at Tampere Universities and other international talents who have graduated from studies somewhere else, moved to Tampere and are looking to start their careers here.
The International Talents Programme is under construction this year and will not be organized during the study year 2022-2023. The earliest possible date to apply for the programme again will be in the fall of 2023.
What is mentoring?
Mentoring is a process whereby experienced professionals impart their knowledge and skills to mentees at the beginning of their careers. The mentors are all professionals in their own fields of specialty and work in the Tampere region. Becoming a mentee is a voluntary arrangement and the parties receive no financial compensation.
As a mentee you will:
- have the opportunity to learn from a professionally experienced person and a discussion partner to talk about careers and working life
- have the chance to develop your job hunting skills with a personal mentor
- create new networks and contacts
- have the chance to develop your intercultural communication skills
- build your professional confidence
If you have any questions related to the mentoring programme, do not hesitate to contact us! You can reach us at:
Careerservices.tau [at] tuni.fi