Wear Research - solutions to the practical wear problems
Tampere Wear Center (TWC) concentrates on both scientific and practical aspects of wear and tribology, trying to bridge the gap between scientific basic research and applied industrial research and product development. The aim of TWC is to provide in-depth insight into the mechanisms of wear and thereby facilitate the development of new wear resistant materials and to find solutions to the practical wear problems constantly faced by the industry.
TWC has excellent infrastructure for wear and tribology research, as well as highly qualified scientists and research engineers for the needs of both long-term scientific research and product development for the industry. TWC conducts research in close collaboration with several internationally recognized partners.
Staff Scientist Kati Valtonen, p. 040 849 0142
Professori Veli-Tapani Kuokkala, p. 040 849 0040
Who's it for
Wear Forum is a collaboration network between TWC, universities, research institutes, and industry.
How does it all happen
Join us! We offer several benefits to the member companies:
- connects material specialists with wear experts
- offers both a national and an international collaboration network
- co-operation link between companies and TWC
- annual international wear seminar
- general assembly at least twice a year
- thematic meetings and training for the member companies
- coordinator works as a liaison with the companies and makes company visits
- easy way to offer preliminary or R&D studies for candidate thesis works
- the member companies can influence the focus areas of the basic and applied wear research
- Wear Forum portal, which contains a constantly updated wear database including, e.g., wear seminar material, articles and theses
For more information please visit: https://research.tuni.fi/twc