Become a mentor
Mentoring offers you opportunities to
- develop your communication skills
- familiarize yourself with principles of coaching
- expand your network of professional contacts through other mentors and mentees
- share your thoughts and experiences with motivated students and graduates in your field
- connect with potential future employees and talented, international professionals
We are looking for mentors who are:
- professionals in their own field
- interested in different countries and intercultural communication
- working in the private or public sector
- fluent in English
- working in the Tampere region or readiness to travel to joint meetings
- experienced with at least of 3 years of work in Finland
- still actively in the work market
- committed to the programme
Mentoring takes place on a voluntary basis. All three mentoring programmes running in 2019 - 2020 will start in October-November 2019. The mentors are paired up with mentees and they meet face-to-face about five times. In addition, all programmes include at least three or four group sessions for all mentors and mentees.
If you found these opportunities interesting, then mentoring is for you! Read more about the programmes and apply for the one that suits you best. On top of all, you will have an unforgettable experience.
Finland can be challenging to get started with your professional life as an international, especially if you are left without resources. If you would like to offer help to an international newcomer and to gain new skills and networks at the same time, join the International Talents´ or Hidden Gems mentoring programme and become a mentor!
Please apply by filling in the on-line form by the end of September. Tick the programme of your preference(s) in the application.
We ask for your contact info and about your motivation for applying and expectations concerning mentoring. The form is the information source for the matching of the pairs so it is very important that you complete the application carefully.
We will begin processing the applications as soon as the application period ends at the end of September. We will contact all the applicants after we have processed the applications and finished the matching process. We will personally inform also those for whom we may not find a suitable partner. Unfortunately, we cannot guarantee that we will find a mentor for each applicant or a mentee for every mentor candidate. By mid-October latest the pairs will be matched and applicants will be contacted.
We will process all applications in absolute confidence, and we will not use the information in them for any other purpose. In order to encourage networking, the contact details and a short professional profile of those approved to the mentoring programmes will be shared with all other participants. Confidentiality is the core of the mentoring relationship and the programmes itself, too.
The first Talent Tampere mentoring programme was implemented in 2010-2011 by WorkPlace Pirkanmaa project. The concept has gained nationwide popularity and has been used as a benchmark by other universities around Finland.