Educators for Sustainable Future
21st Century Educators from Finland, Educators for Sustainable Future – Professional Development Certificate is a continuing education programme for higher education and vocational teachers. It is competence-based and available for group intake upon request. The programme is especially tailored to meet the requirements of several international funds and scholarship programmes.
The Focus of the Programme:
Educators for Sustainable Future programme develops the participant’s competences in organising and implementing Education for Sustainable Development in their own working context. In Education for Sustainable Development the teacher is an agent for change in the community beyond the level of knowing. Education for Sustainable Development empowers teachers to change the way they think and work towards a sustainable future.
The programme focuses on arranging education in a way which promotes Sustainable Development in the school and the surrounding communities: organising cooperation and collaboration to empower the whole community for sustainable change.
Structure of the programme:
- The education is organized as hands-on projects and activities focusing on the UN Sustainable Develop-ment Goals
- The extent of the programme is 6 months. It is divided into two parts: the first is carried out in Tampere, Finland, and the second in the local communities of the students.
- During the studies in Tampere, the students study phenomena related to selected goals and learn various ways to organise education around these topics in a way which empowers the whole community.
- During the latter period of the education, the students plan and implement Education for Sustainable Development in their own communities.
Who is it for:
The minimum individual requirements are:
- bachelor's degree or higher
- intermediate level of understanding and passive production of English
One group can gave up tp 25 students.
- The quality assurance of the programme is based on the audited QA systems of the Finnish Universities of Applied Sciences and emphasizes constant and cooperative developmental evaluation. The QA system involves multiple programme components and concentrates on what impact the programme brings to each participants’ teaching competences, professional career development, and to the home institution and region.
- The method of quality assurance is based on systemic data analysis and consistent dialogue with the participants and includes the whole period of the programme starting from the selection of the participants and ending in the creation of a professional alumni network. TAMK is responsible for providing the QA systems and reporting, as well as general information of the implementation of the programme
- All Finnish experts in the programme are pedagogically qualified and at a high level of expertise.
TAMK covers a whole range of university level education in applied bachelor and master level as well as vocational and professional teacher education, research & development and innovation services. The high quality, large pool of expertise and vast learning environments, projects and the collaboration between the local industry and companies are the core of this programme.
We tailor all of our programmes to the needs of our partners. Contact us to learn more!