Co-funded research projects - minor contribution to join extensive research projects
Co-funded projects are a common form of research collaboration. The term ‘co-funded’ means that the project is sponsored by and conducted in collaboration between the University and partner companies. As some of the funding comes from public sources, such as Business Finland or the EU, special emphasis is placed on the scientific goals of the projects.
Co-funded projects offers companies the opportunity to join extensive and future-oriented projects by contributing a small share of funding towards the project budget. Co-funded projects have enabled a number of companies to join national and international partnerships and networks.
Characteristics of co-funded research
- The preparations and pre-award phase may take more than 12 months.
- The projects usually last anywhere from one to four years.
- The projects involve several companies and research institutions.
- The results are generally made publicly available.
- The parties enter into a separate agreement concerning the protection and utilisation of the results and related compensation.
Who's it for
Companies who want to
- join extensive research project with minor contribution
- join national and international partnerships and networks
How does it all happen
Our research groups are continuously on the lookout for new partner companies. If you are interested in joining our research projects, please contact the head of the relevant research group directly.
You are also very welcome to attend our networking events to find potential partners. Come and meet us to plan together the funding and consortium options!
Send us email: industry [at] tuni.fi