The main objective of the Drone Expert project is to build a wide and multisectoral drone cluster in the Tampere region.
The main objective of the Drone Expert project is to build a wide and multisectoral drone cluster in the Tampere region. With this cluster and new cooperation between multisectoral companies and various training providers, new competences, services and methods in the field of remotely piloted aircraft systems (RPAS) can be offered to companies in different fields and thus new ideas and businesses can be promoted in the field. The cluster will include both companies already dealing with drones and those seeking for related new business solutions, involved authorities, Tampere University of Technology, vocational training providers and Tampere University of Applied Sciences, which is the coordinator of the project.
The main activities of the project are
1. Mapping of all relevant actors in the field of remotely piloted aircraft systems/drone users in the Tampere region
2. Based on this mapping, create a drone cluster in the Tampere region
3. Build a new kind of a testing and development environment for drone use based on existing open labs and other training environments
4. Design a model for companies' drone competence development, consultation and implementation of remotely piloted aircraft systems in their businesses and new business ideas
5. Design of drone training for company representatives.
By connecting the latest research results and innovative examples of use of drones with local customer needs, the cooperation and competence of both companies and training providers will strengthen and possibilities of totally new business ideas and startups will grow in the Tampere region. Later on, the results of the project can be disseminated more widely, too.
The project is implemented together with Tampere University of Technology.
joni.nieminen [at] tamk.fi