Open position at TAMK: Project Specialist
Tampere University of Applied Sciences (TAMK) is a professional higher education institution oriented towards working life and research, development, and innovation (RDI). Our strengths are multidisciplinary education, creativity, and a strong international profile. We focus on technology, wellbeing services, business administration, and culture.
At TAMK, RDI integrates expertise, modern learning and innovation environments with the needs of our cooperation partners and the society. You will find more information about TAMK on our website.
TAMK’s School of Industrial Engineering is heading to the next level in developing intelligent solutions, processes and services with innovative methods by using the latest technology and materials and interdisciplinary digital possibilities.
The Project Specialist position is a great opportunity for a research and development oriented person with high competence in artificial intelligence and data processing. We would like to have you as a member of our inspiring development team. You enjoy working in multidisciplinary and international RDI teams and you are willing to apply the latest research into working life to develop local businesses. You are not afraid of challenges and you are ready to develop yourself. You are also willing to teach undergraduate students as part of your role.
We offer for you
- innovative and inspiring working environment
- opportunity to influence future factors
- opportunity to influence your own work
- enthusiastic work community.
You have significant theoretical and practical competence in data processing, such as mining, visualization and analytics as well as in machine learning and artificial intelligence. You also have extensive know-how of project work, including funding and management.
You have a master's or a doctoral degree, excellent communication skills and fluent English.
- positive attitude and interest in learning
- valuable connections to working life and to other universities
- experience in multicultural teams.
We offer you a challenging work and a competitive salary. We also help you with the arrangements to settle down in Tampere. The employment type is permanent full-time and it starts in August or September 2021.
We are interested in you. Please don’t hesitate to contact us to find out more, we are here for you! The deadline for applications is 30 April 2021.
Director Hannu Kivilinna, hannu.kivilinna [at] tuni.fi or +358 50 098 1118
Head of Smart Technologies Mira Grönvall, mira.gronvall [at] tuni.fi or +358 40 708 7381
Senior lecturer in Data Expertise and Artificial Intelligence Pekka Pöyry, pekka.poyry [at] tuni.fi or +358 40 866 9817
Learn more about
- Finland is an open, equal society, which offers a secure, diverse life for all. Our well-being is based on work, topclass education and research. Success in exports lays the foundation for prosperity.
- Finland is a leader in technology in many sectors. The value attached to knowledge and expertise can be seen throughout society. Finnish companies operate globally. Likewise, many foreign companies operate globally out of Finland.