Latest updates on the coronavirus
Our instructions are in line with the nationwide guidelines approved by Universities Finland (Unifi) and the Rectors’ Conference of Finnish Universities of Applied Sciences (Arene).
As of 7 March 2022, Tampere Universities returned to in-person teaching. However, teaching can also be delivered in a remote or hybrid format for pedagogical reasons.
The regional pandemic steering group decided on 26 April 2022 that the recommendation on the use of face masks that will be put in place across the Tampere region will be largely similar to the recommendation issued by the Finnish Institute for Health and Welfare (THL). Tampere Universities have adjusted their own recommendation accordingly. All the members of the Tampere Universities community are free to decide whether to wear a face mask to protect themselves, for example, in crowded public transport and indoor settings where social distancing is difficult.
Read more about sports facilities on SportUni´s website.
The latest updates and guidelines are published on the intranet.
Other news items related to coronavirus are listed at the bottom of the page.
Questions about the coronavirus situation: korona [at] tuni.fi
- Practical instructions for distance learning (Access requires a TUNI user account)
- TREY: Measures taken regarding the COVID-19 pandemic
- Tampere University Library
- Practical instructions for organising distance education (Access requires a TUNI user account)
- Digipedagogical instructions and links (Access requires a TUNI user account)
- Tampere University: mobility.tau [at] tuni.fi
- Tampere University of Applied Sciences: outgoing.tamk [at] tuni.fi
Public events can be hosted in accordance with the instructions issued by the public authorities.
External persons may visit the campuses during campus opening hours.
Finnish Institute for Health and Welfare: