Latest updates on the coronavirus
Staying healthy on campuses – Covid-19 guidelines for the spring term
The Finnish Institute for Health and Welfare (THL) has found that the epidemic situation has changed to a long-term endemic. According to THL, people should regard COVID-19 as any other respiratory tract infection. Because Covid-19 infections still occur, the responsible actions of University community members are vital to prevent the spreading of the disease.
Tampere University and TAMK have resumed teaching on campus in accordance with the curricula. However, remote teaching can be incorporated as part of teaching when there are strong pedagogical grounds approved by the degree programme.
General Covid-19 safety guidelines
All people visiting the campuses (students, staff, visitors) must observe the following guidelines:
- Come to the campuses and teaching events only in good health (please see THL’s instructions).
- Observe good hand hygiene and cough etiquette (please see THL instructions). Hand disinfectant is available at the entrances, customer service desks and campus restaurants.
- You may use a face mask, for example, in crowded premises where it is hard to avoid close contact with others.
If you arrive in Finland follow the instructions provided by the Finnish Institute for Health and Welfare (THL) and the Finnish Border Guard.
Other news items related to coronavirus are listed at the bottom of the page.
Questions about the coronavirus situation: turvallisuus [at] tuni.fi
The latest updates and guidelines are published on the intranet (Access requires a TUNI user account)
- Finnish Institute for Health and Welfare: Coronavirus COVID-19 – Latest Updates
- Finnish Institute for Health and Welfare: Preventing respiratory tract infections