Premises and devices
We offer different learning spaces, such as group study rooms, 3D printers and virtual reality devices for the students. You can book rooms and devices at Arvo, Hervanta and Linna via your Outlook calendar and the rooms at TAMK Main Campus from Library customer service. You can find more detailed info about the rooms and devices from the listing below. Please note, that some rooms can only be accessed with a key card to the campus in question.
- See the booking instructions
- Group work rooms in TAMK Main Campus library unit can be booked at the Customer Service desk or on the booking board beside the rooms
Printing, scanning and copying
Students and staff of Tampere Universities
You can print, copy and scan documents in the library with multi-function devices.
- Register your student card or personnel ID card to the service at the printer. There are instructions near the printers and on IT Helpdesk Printing web page. <linkki>
- After registration you can print with your card from any device on University campuses.
- If necessary, you can also print without a card by entering your username and password.
- Send support requests and error messages to the University IT Helpdesk.
- Students can buy extra printing quota primarily from the online shop (Ricoh Oy) and or, when needed, at Ricoh service points. More information on printing quota (see "Students' printing quota").
Non-university customers can print and copy in the Library using Ricoh copy card.
- We sell copy cards at the Library's customer service at Arvo and Linna. See prices for copy cards
- Members of Tays hospital staff can borrow a copy card with their personnel photo ID at Arvo customer service. The copy card has to be returned immediately after the use.
In the Library you can use the same wireless networks as on the other public premises of the University and TAMK. Primarily, use the protected Eduroam network so that you can access the Library's e-resources.
As a visitor you can connect to the campus specific guest networks. You can collect a temporary guest account from the IT Helpdesk on campuses; furthermore on Main Campus also from info desks in Main building and Pinni B building and on TAMK Main Campus from info desk and the Library. With a temporary guest account you cannot access the Library's e-resources but only by using those computers of the Library that are for visitor use.
- More information on wireless networks on IT Helpdesk website