About the publisher
Tampere University Press was established in 1994, and has since published more than 350 books. In the beginning of 2016, we switched to an Open Access business model and gave up the sales of printed books. Our objective is, for our part, to promote the availability of scholarly literature and the societal impact of research.
Starting from November 2014, Tampere University Press uses the Peer-Review Label granted by the Federation of Finnish Learned Societies (TSV). We adhere to the requirements imposed on the use of the Label, as well as the peer-review instructions issued by the Finnish Association of Scholarly Publishing and the Responsible conduct of research guidelines published by the Finnish National Board on Research Integrity TENK.
Tampere University Press is
- the first Open Access book publisher established in Finland
- a member of the Association of European University Presses (AEUP) and the Finnish Association for Scholarly Publishing
- indexed in the Directory of Open Access Books
- indexed in Finnish library databases
- rated on level 1 in the Publication Forum classification (JUFO)
- rated on level 1 in the publication channel registers of Norway and Denmark