Publishing a doctoral dissertation
We will help you with publishing your doctoral dissertation when you are defending the dissertation at Tampere University. We will publish your dissertation online and take care of the announcement of the public defence together with the Communication unit of Tampere University.
Publishing a thesis
Tampere Universities publish theses openly unless prohibited by the terms of an external publisher. The Library publishes theses openly in the open repositories of Tampere Universities if the author allows this.
You will find more information and instructions about publishing your theses in our guide.
Open repositories of Tampere Universities
Tampere Universities has four institutional repositories at the moment. We promote open access by self-archiving the researchers publications in institutional repositories whenever the publishers copyright policies allow this. In most cases the theses of Tampere Universities are published openly.
- Theses by former University of Tampere (UTA) students (master’s theses, licentiate theses, doctoral dissertations)
- Self-archived, monographs and series articles by former UTA staff
- Open Access books by Tampere University Press
- Doctoral dissertations by former Tampere University of Technology (TUT) students
- Self-archived articles, monographs and series by former TUT staff
- Theses by former TUT students (bachelor’s theses, master’s theses, licentiate theses)
- Theses by Tampere University of Applied Sciences (TAMK) students
- Self-archived articles by TAMK staff
Sharing ISBN & ISSN numbers
Library shares the ISBN numbers for the publications that will be published by Tampere University For the ISBN number we need the information about the publications’ name, publication year and the series and series number if these are available. Let us also know whether you need the ISBN number for the printed or/and online version.
We also share the ISSN numbers for the new university series.
Ask for the ISBN and ISSN numbers by contacting: email@example.com.