Welcome to Kauppi campus
Arvo Ylpön katu 34
Service hours Mon–Fri 7.30–20
The main entrance of Arvo is found on the eastern side of the building. If you are coming from the direction of Tampere University Hospital, the main entrance is located behind the Arvo building. If, instead, you are coming along Arvo Ylpön katu, the main entrance is on the right side of the building. Near the main entrance you will find the info desk and the house managers. There are also three other entrances to the building, but there are neither an info desk nor house managers near them. The campus is smoke-free.
FinnMedi 1, Biokatu 6
FinnMedi 3, Biokatu 10
Tampere University Hospital, Teiskontie 35
There is limited space for parking on the campus. At the moment, there are no free parking space for visitors at the Kauppi campus on behalf of the University of Tampere. The closest parking space is the Tampere University Hospital’s customer parking. This parking space is marked on the map below with the letter P. The parking is chargeable.
Tays Central Hospital area parking map (in Finnish) http://www.pshp.fi/tayskartta/
Parking spaces intended for handicapped people can be found near the entrances. Only those holding a handicapped person’s parking permit may use these spaces. A permit granted in the EU Member States is valid in all EU Member States. The permit is valid for the holder and is not restricted to a specific vehicle.
Transport in the Tampere city area is operated by the blue buses of Tampere Regional Transport or TKL. There are good bus connections to the Kauppi campus from the city centre. There are two bus stops near the campus by the road Teiskontie and the bus lines passing the Arvo building are numbers 1, 8, 28, 42 and 90. When arriving to Arvo building or leaving it, the name of the bus stop is in both cases Hoitokoti. See bus timetables on Nysse's website.
To get from the bus stops to the Arvo building’s main entrance A, please follow the street Arvo Ylpön katu (see map).
Wireless networks on the campuses of the Tampere university community
Tampere University and Tampere University of Applied Sciences offer guests wireless internet access across their campuses. As these networks are not available to all, users need to log in either with their home institution’s username and password, if their home institution has joined the roaming service, or through a temporary guest account.
Wireless networks available on all our campuses:
- Eduroam: international roaming service. Log in with your home institution’s username and password.
- Roam.fi: Finnish wireless access service. Log in with your home institution’s username and password.
Campus-specific wireless guest networks:
- Hervanta campus: TUT network, please contact your host or Info desk to receive a guest account
- City centre campus: utapac network, please visit the IT Helpdesk to receive a guest account
- Kauppi campus: utapac network, please visit the info desks or the IT Helpdesk to receive a guest account
- TAMK main campus: TAMK-GUEST network, please visit the info desks or the IT Helpdesk to receive a guest account
For more information, please see IT instructions > Networks
Restaurant/cafeteria and menu
A restaurant by Juvenes operates on Kauppi kampus
Event Planning and room bookings
Tampere University, City Centre Campus and Arvo-building
or contact: tilojenvuokraukset.tau [at] tuni.fi, tel. +358 50 318 6685
See also Host meetings and events at our campuses
The six units of Tampere University Library on campuses across the city are available to you. In the Library you can borrow printed materials, read e-resources on computers meant for visitors and study at our open premises. Get a library card and become a library customer!
- Linna, Keskustakampus, Kalevantie 5
- TAMK Main Campus, Kuntokatu 3
- Arvo, Kauppi campus, Arvo Ylpön katu 34
- Hervanta, Korkeakoulunkatu 7
- TAMK Music Academy, Pyynikintori, F.E. Sillanpään katu 9
- TAMK Mediapolis, Tohlopinranta 31