City centre campus
Päätalo, Kalevantie 4
Serivice hours: Mon–Fri 7–20, Sat 8–15
Pinni A, Kanslerinrinne 1
Serivice hours: Mon–Thu 7.30–20, Fri 7.30–16
Pinni B, Kanslerinrinne 1
Serivice hours: Mon–Thu 7.30–20, Fri 7.30–17
Linna, Kalevantie 5
Serivice hours: Mon–Fri 7.30–20, Sat 9.00–15
Virta, Åkerlundinkatu 5
Serivice hours: Mon–Thu 7.30–20.00, Fri 7.30–17.00
Atalpa, Ratapihankatu 55
Serivice hours: Mon–Fri 7.30–16.00
- SportUni –sports facilities
- high school of Tampere University teacher training school
The campus is smoke-free.
Transport in the city area is run by the blue buses of the Tampere Regional Transport. Services 2, 6, 9, 25, and 40 go past the University.
Tampere Regional Transport timetables: http://aikataulut.tampere.fi/?lang=en
Bus and coach travel services
Connections by train between Tampere and Helsinki are good. There are also connections to Tampere from other Finnish cities.
Train timetables and tickets https://www.vr.fi/cs/vr/en/frontpage
The coach station is some ten minutes’ walk from the main campus. Several long-distance bus routes travel right past the main campus or the Kauppi campus. http://www.matkahuolto.fi/en
Tampere-Pirkkala Airport (http://www.finavia.fi/en/tampere-pirkkala/) is located about 15 kilometres south-east of the city.
Those planning to use their own cars should note that parking facilities on the main campus are very limited. Parking in the City of Tampere http://www.tampere.fi/english/transportandstreets/parking.html
There area also plenty of parking areas for bicycles on the main campus.
Wireless networks on the campuses of the Tampere university community
Tampere University and Tampere University of Applied Sciences offer guests wireless internet access across their campuses. As these networks are not available to all, users need to log in either with their home institution’s username and password, if their home institution has joined the roaming service, or through a temporary guest account.
Wireless networks available on all our campuses:
- Eduroam: international roaming service. Log in with your home institution’s username and password.
- Roam.fi: Finnish wireless access service. Log in with your home institution’s username and password.
Campus-specific wireless guest networks:
- Hervanta campus: TUT network, please contact your host to receive a guest account
- City centre campus: utapac network, please visit the IT Helpdesk to receive a guest account
- Kauppi campus: utapac network, please visit the info desks or the IT Helpdesk to receive a guest account
- TAMK main campus: TAMK-GUEST network, please visit the info desks or the IT Helpdesk to receive a guest account
For more information, please see IT instructions > Networks
Restaurant/cafeteria and menu
There are several restaurants/cafeterias operating in city centre campus:
Main building and Pinni A building:
- Restaurant Linna (in Finnish only)
Event Planning and room booking
The Campus offers a broad range of venues that accommodate a variety of events and meetings. You can book, for example, a traditional lecture hall, spaces that are designed especially to foster creativity, or facilities for hosting festive events.
Enquiries and reservations:
Tampere University, city centre campus and Arvo-building
Book a room: https://elomake3.uta.fi/lomakkeet/18214/lomake.html?rinnakkaislomake=english
or contact: firstname.lastname@example.org, tel. +358 50 318 6685
See also: Host events and meetings at our campuses
The six units of Tampere University Library on campuses across the city are available to you. In the Library you can borrow printed materials, read e-resources on computers meant for visitors and study at our open premises. Get a library card and become a library customer!
- Linna, city centre campus, Kalevantie 5
- TAMK Main Campus, Kuntokatu 3
- Arvo, Kauppi campus, Arvo Ylpön katu 34
- Hervanta, Korkeakoulunkatu 7
- TAMK Music Academy, Pyynikintori, F.E. Sillanpään katu 9
- TAMK Mediapolis, Tohlopinranta 31