Tampere University Library
PO Box 617
33014 Tampereen yliopisto
library [at] tuni.fi
Customer service +358 40 190 9696
You can return your loans to a return box outside the library hours. The box is located next to the Linna builging's entrance on the Kalevantie side.
Studying at the library
There are studying places on all floors of the library. Please be considerate of others studying. The library is not a silent area, but it is recommended that you keep your conversations short and your voices lowered or use the co-study areas mentioned below. You can use the phone booths at the 2nd and 3rd floor for your calls.
Bookable group study rooms
The group work spaces in the library are for study and research purposes. Thr groups study rooms are located on the 3rd floor of Linna library. You can book them via your Outlook calendar.
When booking a group study room please remember:
- Be on time, the room becomes available to others 15 minutes after your booking time if you are not there.
- If you are not able to come, please cancel your booking via your Outlook calendar.
- One group may book the room for max 3 hours/day.
Please, consider the other users nearby and take care of peaceful studying environment.
- Asumaniemi (3019), 3rd floor; max 3 people.
- Lehto (3018), 3rd floor; max 6 people. Dataprojector
- Rahikainen (3017), 3rd floor; max 5 people. Dataprojector
- Riitaoja (3015), 3rd floor; max 3 people.
- Vanhala (3016), 3rd floor; max 6 people. Dataprojector.
Open group study rooms
Open group study rooms in Linna library are freely available for you and your study group if there are free seats. Please, consider the other users nearby and take care of peaceful studying environment.
- Jussi (1051) 1st floor; for one group
- Torppa (3008) 3rd floor; for one group
- Pentinkulma (3023) 3rd floor; for one group
- Koskela (3050) 3rd floor; for one or more groups. Computer, data projector. Not in use at the moment.
- Hietanen (3052) 3rd floor; for one group
- Rokka (3053) 3rd floor; for one or more groups. Data projector.
- Susi (3055) 3rd floor; for one group
- Lahtinen (3056) 3rd floor; for one group
- Lyyti (3057) 3rd floor; for one group
- Vera (3058) 3rd floor; for one group
In the multipurpose space you can study alone or with a group. This space is available when the Library is open. Please, consider the other users and take care of peaceful studying environment.
- Pohjantähti, floor 1
Library's classrooms on floor 3 are available for study purposes outside teaching hours with the key card when the Library is open. Classrooms cannot be reserved. The use of classroom computers requires tuni user account. The teacher's computer is only for staff use. Please, consider the other users and take care of peaceful studying environment.
- Akseli (3021)
- Elina (3022)
- Alma (3059), silent and scent-free working space
Silent Reading Room
Linna's Silent Reading Room is located on floor 2 and the entrance is in the main lobby of Linna building (Kalevantie street side). Silent Reading Room is open according to the Library's opening hours and available with the key card 24/7 for students of the University community. When the Library is closed, enter the staircase through the side door situated opposite the Finnish Student Health Service building.
- Laptops can be used in the larger area of the Reading Room. The glass-walled area is a space where devices are not used.
- There is a break room where you can take a break and have a snack.
- There is camera surveillance and access control in the Reading Room.
In the Reading Room you'll take care of peaceful studying environment when you
- Use your mobile phone only outside the Reading Room. Switch your phone to silent mode when you enter.
- Listen with headphones on low volume.
- If you have to discuss with other people, please go outside the room.
You can use microfilms and microfiches on Library's 1st floor.
The newspaper collection is closed till 31.8.2022 due to renovation work.
During the reno we are not available to provide materials to customers. We apologize the inconvenience.
is located in the Main building, floor 0, on the City centre campus.
Mon 12-15, Wed 9-12, Fri 9-12
During the service hours, you can contact the reading room staff by phone. Call +358 50 563 0935.
Instructions for the library's self-service use at the Linna unit
Instructions for using the Linna unit self-service customer premises are added to this section.
The instructions will appear when the self-operating hours of the library's units are known in more detail.
- how to borrow
- how to return
- which facilities are in use etc.