Digitalisation at Tampere Universities
Project background and vision
The goals of the Digitalisation project are aligned with the Digital Vision of Tampere Universities, which was approved by the Academic Board in 2018.
In the Digitalization project, the thesis of Digital Vision have been shaped in to six themes, under which different community-engaging projects are being grouped.
In this context, the term digitalisation refers to the reshaping of the organisational culture and practices to promote a transition towards a digital future.
Tampere Universities Digital Vision 2023
Our campus is wherever you are
- We are creating a digital campus that provides flexible opportunities for working and learning anytime and anywhere.
Digitalisation is a driving force for the bold renewal of our university community
- We are paving the way for personalised learning, supporting the achievement of the goals of open science and fostering effective collaboration with internal and external partners.
- We are building a culture of bold experimentation and engaging in long-term efforts to support the ongoing digital transformation.
- Our students and staff are actively developing their digital skills.
Thesis of Digital Vision 2023
1. We can work anywhere and anytime.
2. We promote open science and research.
3. We rethink routine tasks to free up time for core pursuits.
4. We follow flexible learning pathways to achieve our personal goals.
5. We maintain close collaboration with our partners.
Themes of the Digitalisation project
The aim off the development work is to enable high-quality, time- and place-independent learning.
The aim of the development work is to enable automatization of routine research work and remote use of research infrastructure.
The aim of the development work is to enable wide-ranging utilization of gamification in research, learning, teaching and communication.
The aim of the development work is to improve user experience in the campuses, and to enable smart and efficient use of physical space.
The aim of the development work is to enable rich and impactful remote interaction in the university community’s national and international networks.
The aim of the development work is to enable continuous individual skill development for all community members regardless of their starting level.
The Digitalisation project contributes to the goals of the themes by
Initiating and resourcing discussions and project activities relating to digitalization and the transformation of work both inside the community, and with the community’s national and international stakeholders.
Experimenting and evaluating the possibilities of digitalization in the community through pilot projects.
Disseminating practical and community-driven information about digitalization development on both strategic and operational levels.